Are you getting ready for your first visit to Pottstown Family and Cosmetic Dentistry, and you’re a little unsure of what to expect? The unknown can often lead to anxiety, which is why we do everything we can to prepare you.
What to Expect
Your initial appointment will consist of a comprehensive examination that will involve a review of your health and dental conditions. Typically, this appointment involves:
- Clinical exam, including an oral cancer screening
- Charting existing conditions, including an evaluation of your gums (periodontal tissue) and bite (occlusion)
- Photographic records
- Digital X-rays
- Review of your specific needs
After your examination, we will explain your diagnosis and treatment options in a professional manner. The advantages and disadvantages of each treatment option will be reviewed, allowing you to make an informed decision about your dental health.
Before the dentist begins the examination, please provide us with the following:
- Any X-rays from your previous dentist
- List of current medications
- Information about medical conditions
- Necessary documents
IMPORTANT: A parent or guardian must accompany all patients under the age of 18 at the consultation visit.
We reduce paper consumption in our office by computerizing and electronically storing all our patients’ clinical records, dental charts, and treatment plans.
Benefits of Seeing the Dentist
It’s important to see your dentist at least twice a year to make sure your oral health is properly maintained. Some benefits include:
- Treating cavities and gum disease
- Reducing pain or discomfort
- Getting clean and shiny teeth
- Sedation for complex treatments
Looking for a Dentist in Pottstown, PA?
Our office is the place to be for high-quality dental treatment. Contact our team today to schedule an appointment.